Not a Texas Resident?
We can still help!
Competitive rates. Zero fees. Apply online.
Refinancing allows you to take out a new loan - at a lower interest rate - to combine and replace your existing student loans.
Including 0.25% Auto-Pay Discount1
Including 0.25% Auto-Pay Discount1
You've worked hard and have been responsible with your debt. Why are you still overpaying interest on your student loans?
Refinance your high-interest rate student loan debt today.
Refinancing your student loans to a lower interest rate can add up to significant savings over the life of your loan.
No origination fees. No prepayment penalties. Ever.
Consolidate multiple federal and private student loans into one easy-to-manage loan.2
Customize your loan to fit your financial goals. With multiple terms to choose from, we've got you covered.
Quick, online application. Get pre-approved in minutes.3
Parents can refinance their Parent Plus loans, too. Adding a cosigner with strong credit can lower your interest rate.
Transparent Pricing. Unlike most other lenders, see our rates before you apply.
We're part of the nation's largest group of nonprofit student loan organizations. Our unique expertise and mission allow us to offer competitive student loan options to Texas residents.
Have a friend who needs a Brazos Loan?
Enter your email address and receive your unique referral link.
Share your unique link with friends.
Receive $200 each time someone successfully takes out a loan using your link.
"Our family has worked hard to build good credit. The team at Brazos made sure we were able to make that effort really pay off. We received a better rate on our two student’s education costs than we could find anywhere. Our advisor was always available and went the extra mile to make a complicated process work for us. Thank you... We will see you again next year!"
- Kenn, Brazos Parent Loan Borrower
"Great people and service. Always there to help or answer my questions."
- Mitchell, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
Easy to Apply
“I was surprised to find the Federal Parent PLUS Loan charges an origination fee of 4.2% with interest rates in the 7.6% range. Brazos offers lower rates and zero fees. They made it easy to apply and work through the process."
- Brad, Brazos Parent Loan Borrower
Customer Service is Excellent
"Easy access to communicate with representatives. Prompt responses from all communication as well. Customer service is excellent and feels like a small town local bank. I’ve never felt like just another number."
- Alison, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
Great Experience. Super Easy.
"Great experience. Super easy. Zero fees and decreases the overall amount I will owe on my student loans. So happy!"
- Kelley, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
1. Brazos Refinance Loan fixed rates from % APR to % APR (with Auto-Pay Discount). Variable rates from % APR to % APR (with Auto-Pay Discount). Interest rates on Brazos loans are capped at 9.90%. Lowest variable rate of % APR assumes current 1 month LIBOR rate of % plus a % margin minus the 0.25% Auto-Pay Discount. Not all borrowers receive the lowest rate. If approved for a Brazos loan, the fixed or variable interest rate offered will depend on your creditworthiness, the term of the loan and other factors, and will be within the ranges of rates listed above. For the Brazos variable rate loan, the 1-month LIBOR index will adjust monthly and the loan payment will be re-amortized and may change monthly. APRs for variable rate loans may increase after origination if the LIBOR index increases.
Auto-Pay Discount. The interest rate in effect will be reduced by 0.25% if either the borrower or the cosigner authorizes automated (ACH) payments from any bank account. This ACH interest rate reduction, referred to as the Auto-Pay Discount, applies only when full principal and interest payments are automatically drafted from a bank account. This interest rate reduction will not continue to apply during periods of approved forbearance or deferment. The Auto-Pay Discount will terminate if the automatic bank account payments discontinue or there are any three instances of insufficient funds at any time during the term of the loan. A borrower may requalify upon reauthorization of automatic payments from a valid bank account.
2. Refinancing Federal Loans. While refinancing government loans as well as private loans may help many borrowers, federal loans have certain benefits that can help borrowers who experience financial distress. Private loans typically don’t have the same benefits. Everyone’s situation is different, so think carefully about refinancing your government loans and talk about it with a trusted advisor.
3. Credit Review and Approval. If you choose to apply for a Brazos Student Loan, Brazos Parent Loan, or Brazos Refinance Loan and continue your application past the pre-credit eligibility stage, we will request your full credit report from one or more consumer reporting agencies, which is considered a hard credit inquiry. Hard credit inquiries (or hard credit pulls) are required for Brazos to be able to issue you a Brazos loan. In addition to requiring your explicit permission, these credit pulls may impact your credit score. The initial credit review is based on review of all the information you and your cosigner (if applicable) provide during the application process and the information obtained from your credit report(s). If you pass the initial credit review, you will need to provide acceptable documentation such as your income verification before the final loan approval.
4. Brazos Education Lending Corporation (Brazos) is a part of a group of several non-affiliated nonprofit companies that are all managed by The Brazos Higher Education Service Corporation, Inc. and are commonly referred to as the Brazos Managed Companies. The first of the Brazos Managed Companies was organized in 1975 in Waco, Texas, as a secondary market for student loans. Since that time, the Brazos Managed Companies have, on a combined basis, served an estimated 2 million student borrowers and have helped fund an estimated $30 billion in student loans.