Not a Texas Resident?
We can still help!
Competitive interest rates are just a part of the way Brazos Parent Loans provide significant savings.
Great low rates can save you money over the life of the loan, allow you to pay off your debt sooner, or lower your monthly payments.
No origination fees. No prepayment penalties. Ever.
Customize your loan to fit your financial goals. With multiple terms to choose from, we've got you covered.
The Brazos Parent Loan is available to parents, grandparents, and other credit-worthy family members and friends of the benefiting student.
Unlike the Direct Parent PLUS program, parents may use a Brazos Parent Loan to finance the cost of a graduate degree, including medical, law, MBA and other professional degrees.
Save time with our quick, online application. Get pre-approved in minutes.2
Transparent Pricing. Unlike most other lenders, see our rates before you apply.
We're part of the nation's largest group of nonprofit student loan organizations. Our unique expertise and mission allow us to offer competitive student loan options to Texas residents.
Have a friend who needs a Brazos Loan?
Enter your email address and receive your unique referral link.
Share your unique link with friends.
Receive $200 each time someone successfully takes out a loan using your link.
"Our family has worked hard to build good credit. The team at Brazos made sure we were able to make that effort really pay off. We received a better rate on our two student’s education costs than we could find anywhere. Our advisor was always available and went the extra mile to make a complicated process work for us. Thank you... We will see you again next year!"
- Kenn, Brazos Parent Loan Borrower
"Great people and service. Always there to help or answer my questions."
- Mitchell, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
Easy to Apply
“I was surprised to find the Federal Parent PLUS Loan charges an origination fee of 4.2% with interest rates in the 7.6% range. Brazos offers lower rates and zero fees. They made it easy to apply and work through the process."
- Brad, Brazos Parent Loan Borrower
Customer Service is Excellent
"Easy access to communicate with representatives. Prompt responses from all communication as well. Customer service is excellent and feels like a small town local bank. I’ve never felt like just another number."
- Alison, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
Great Experience. Super Easy.
"Great experience. Super easy. Zero fees and decreases the overall amount I will owe on my student loans. So happy!"
- Kelley, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
1. Brazos Parent Loan fixed rates from % APR to % APR (with Auto-Pay Discount). Variable rates from % APR to % APR (with Auto-Pay Discount). Interest rates on Brazos Parent Loans are capped at 9.90%. Lowest variable rate of % APR assumes a current Thirty-day Average Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) of % plus a % margin, minus the 0.25% Auto-Pay Discount. Not all borrowers receive the lowest rate. If approved for a Brazos Parent Loan, the fixed or variable interest rate offered will depend on your creditwirthiness, the repayment option selected, the term of the loan and other factors, and will be within the ranges listed above. For the variable rate Brazos Parent Loan, the Thirty-day Average SOFR index will adjust monthly and the loan payment will be re-amortized and may change monthly. APRs for variable rate loans may increase after origination if the SOFR index increases.
Auto-Pay Discount. The interest rate in effect will be reduced by 0.25% if either the borrower or the cosigner authorizes automated (ACH) payments from any bank account. This ACH interest rate reduction, referred to as the Auto-Pay Discount, applies only when full principal and interest payments are automatically drafted from a bank account. This interest rate reduction will not continue to apply during periods of approved forbearance or deferment. The Auto-Pay Discount will terminate if the automatic bank account payments discontinue or there are any three instances of insufficient funds at any time during the term of the loan. A borrower may requalify upon reauthorization of automatic payments from a valid bank account.
2. Credit Review and Approval. If you choose to apply for a Brazos Student Loan, Brazos Parent Loan, or Brazos Refinance Loan and continue your application past the pre-credit eligibility stage, we will request your full credit report from one or more consumer reporting agencies, which is considered a hard credit inquiry. Hard credit inquiries (or hard credit pulls) are required for Brazos to be able to issue you a Brazos loan. In addition to requiring your explicit permission, these credit pulls may impact your credit score. The initial credit review is based on review of all the information you and your cosigner (if applicable) provide during the application process and the information obtained from your credit report(s). If you pass the initial credit review, you will need to provide acceptable documentation such as your income verification before the final loan approval.
3.Brazos Education Lending Corporation (Brazos) is a part of a group of several non-affiliated nonprofit companies that are all managed by The Brazos Higher Education Service Corporation, Inc. and are commonly referred to as the Brazos Managed Companies. The first of the Brazos Managed Companies was organized in 1975 in Waco, Texas, as a secondary market for student loans. Since that time, the Brazos Managed Companies have, on a combined basis, served an estimated 2 million student borrowers and have helped fund an estimated $30 billion in student loans.