Not a Texas Resident?
We can still help!
Coming Spring 2021 !
Competitive rates. Zero fees. Apply online.
We're excited to announce the launch of the new Brazos Undergraduate Loan for the 2021 school year!
Sign up below to receive emails containing information on this upcoming product, including when the application is available, as well as general student loan information, and information on other Brazos products or services that we believe you will find informative and helpful.
Not a Texas resident? We can still help!
Competitive student loan interest rates are just a part of the way Brazos Student Loans provide significant savings.
Relax, when other financial aid sources fall short, you can borrow up to the school-certified cost of attendance, less other financial aid, to cover tuition books and other school-certified expenses.
No origination fees. No prepayment penalties. Ever.
Choose the Deferred Repayment Option, and make no payments while in school, or choose the Immediate Repayment Options and begin making payments immediately for an even lower interest rate.
Applying to see what rates and terms are available to you will not affect your credit score.1
Customize your loan to fit your financial goals. With multiple terms to choose from, we've got you covered.
Save time with our quick, online application. Get pre-approved in minutes.2
Brazos Student Loans cover qualified educational expenses including:
You may borrow up to the cost of attendance, less other financial aid received, as certified by the school you are attending. The minimum loan amount is $1,000.
To be eligible for a Brazos Student Loan, you must:
If your credit history does not meet our minimum credit criteria, you may still qualify by applying with a qualified cosigner. Additionally, even if you meet the minimum requirements, applying with a cosigner who has a stronger credit history may reduce the interest rate on your student loan rate even further, thereby saving you more money over the life of the loan.
Have a friend who needs a Brazos Loan?
Enter your email address and receive your unique referral link.
Share your unique link with friends.
Receive $200 each time someone successfully takes out a loan using your link.
"Our family has worked hard to build good credit. The team at Brazos made sure we were able to make that effort really pay off. We received a better rate on our two student’s education costs than we could find anywhere. Our advisor was always available and went the extra mile to make a complicated process work for us. Thank you... We will see you again next year!"
- Kenn, Brazos Parent Loan Borrower
"Great people and service. Always there to help or answer my questions."
- Mitchell, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
Easy to Apply
“I was surprised to find the Federal Parent PLUS Loan charges an origination fee of 4.2% with interest rates in the 7.6% range. Brazos offers lower rates and zero fees. They made it easy to apply and work through the process."
- Brad, Brazos Parent Loan Borrower
Customer Service is Excellent
"Easy access to communicate with representatives. Prompt responses from all communication as well. Customer service is excellent and feels like a small town local bank. I’ve never felt like just another number."
- Alison, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
Great Experience. Super Easy.
"Great experience. Super easy. Zero fees and decreases the overall amount I will owe on my student loans. So happy!"
- Kelley, Brazos Refinance Loan Borrower
1. Rates and terms provided as a result of a soft credit check do not mean you have been approved for the Brazos Student Loan but will give you an indicator of if, and on what terms, you may qualify. In order to qualify and be approved for the loan, you must apply, have a hard credit pull performed, and provide all necessary documents and information. A hard credit inquiry may impact your credit score.
2. Credit Review and Approval. If you choose to apply for a Brazos Student Loan, Brazos Parent Loan, or Brazos Refinance Loan and continue your application past the pre-credit eligibility stage, we will request your full credit report from one or more consumer reporting agencies, which is considered a hard credit inquiry. Hard credit inquiries (or hard credit pulls) are required for Brazos to be able to issue you a Brazos loan. In addition to requiring your explicit permission, these credit pulls may impact your credit score. The initial credit review is based on review of all the information you and your cosigner (if applicable) provide during the application process and the information obtained from your credit report(s). If you pass the initial credit review, you will need to provide acceptable documentation such as your income verification before the final loan approval.